You may have noticed that we proudly display the badges we receive for our efforts in continuing education concerning our QuickBooks knowledge and expertise. They’re not easy to obtain, and quite honestly we’re glad that is the case. We don’t (and no one can) purchase those badges. They must be earned through study and testing.
But, those badges are only a small piece of the continuing education we’re committed to here at Schulte and Schulte.
Continuing education is a vital component to providing our clients the best possible care
- Continuing education allows us to clarify and better understand the processes and procedures of bookkeeping as advanced by and through technological updates and renovations.
- Continuing education gives us the opportunity to acquire both theoretical as well as practical knowledge and to improve our problem-solving skills.
- Continuing education allows us to establish and uphold our commitment to the occupational standards for professional bookkeepers.
Yet, there is more to it than that.
Keeping up to date on regulations and trends in the construction industry is an important way we work to properly assist you
Although we are experts in our area of specialization (bookkeeping for small to midsize Construction Contractors and Subcontractors,) we still have to stay on top of what’s new. We spend several hours each month reading, attending webinars and teleseminars, as well as participating in a weekly QuickBooks ProAdvisers group.
Thus, our continuing education benefits both our business as well as the businesses of our clients. One example of how we work to support your business is the article we wrote Playing Like One of the Big Boys Just Got Easier (3 Apps to Choose From) concerning the pros and cons of three different apps after a great deal of self-education on the subject.
We also “break it down” for you when considering what is happening concerning regulations and rules, for example this article – MRRA doesn’t stand for My Real Rare Adventure – Really! – concerning MRRA and TPT.
Our continuing education focus
Our continuing education is focused on three areas:
- Keeping up with the newest and best ways to process and engage in the bookkeeping we provide for our clients.
- Learning about the ways our clients can stay ahead of the curve whether it be housed in their financial reports or the latest tech devices and systems geared toward the construction industry.
- Gaining understanding of the best ways to assist our short term customers* through consultations and one-on-one training.
*We provide ongoing bookkeeping for a few select firms, and we also provide training and consultation for others who wish to do their own bookkeeping but need occasional information and guidance.
How we acknowledge and celebrate when we achieve a learning goal
Crazy as it seems, after we clink the glasses together, take the last bite from our celebration plate, and speak words of congratulations the final part of our celebration is to establish a new learning goal. Yeah, we’re crazy like that.
Do you need to continue your education in order to be able to use your bookkeeping system to its fullest? Give us a call and we’ll be happy to set up a consultation or one-on-one training for you or your staff. 480-442-4032