You need an accounting system for your construction contracting or service business because you need data. There are three basic reasons you need data.
- Because the federal as well as state and local governmental entities require it. And, let’s face it, running your construction contracting business from a prison cell would be much harder than any issues you’re currently facing.
- Because banks or lending institutions, as well as bonding businesses require it. Loan officers have a certain protocol for approving a loan and without accurate, current records getting a loan could be like trying to find a warm, sunny beach at the north pole.
- Because growing or scaling your business depends on how accurate your financial information is. Knowing the financial position of your construction business, what some call understanding “the language of business,” sets you apart from the large number of construction business owners who fail.
Having accurate information, things like cost and earnings, liabilities and assets, profit and loss gives you the business guidance you need to either stay the course or take corrective measures. Well, sort of.
When records and reports aren’t enough
We’ve found that many construction contractors know well the systems required in their select industry, yet when they begin dealing with the systems necessary to manage their financial data, they feel as if they’ve run into a brick wall.
Even those who’ve managed to chip away at the brick wall creating windows of financial understanding have usually only gotten to “records” and occasionally “reports,” thus they’re lacking the “analysis” portion of the financially healthy equation.
Crunching the numbers
That’s when including a professional from the accounting world becomes necessary for the welfare of your business.
These pros make sure you understand the meaning of the financial information. They’re interpreters of a sort. They help you learn “the language of business.” They’re great at helping you develop the systems which are necessary to put you in the driver’s seat.
Putting a gate in the wall
Guiding you to create a system for measuring and summarizing business activities, interpreting financial information, and communicating the results is how your professional accounting team puts a gate in that brick wall. A few of the things you can expect to gain from a capable accounting pro are:
- Guiding you through the SaaS options
- Developing a tech stack best suited to your needs
- Determining where you may be losing money
- Showing you which types of clients are offering the biggest returns on your efforts
- Enhancing your decision-making capabilities through better understanding of the numbers
Going beyond the brick wall
Because Schulte and Schulte, LLC is a professional accounting service specializing in working with construction contractors, we help our clients develop and use accounting systems which serve both their legal and their managerial needs in the wild and wooly world of construction contracting. And, because we’re a Profit First certified firm we take them beyond having a nice set of records and put them on the path to having a vibrant and profitable business.
You can reach us Toll Free: 866-629-7735 or get in touch the easy way right here.