One of the questions we’re often asked by commercial subcontractors is, “How do you do it?” The following is a dive into what it looks like working with an outsourced accounting and advisory firm. (Well, we don’t know if it is true for other firms – but this is what it looks like working with us. 😎)
Construction Accounting zoom in on understanding
While it is always our goal to provide each of our clients with a clear and up to date financial picture of his or her business, we remember to do so in English not Accountanteeze.
Some have shared there was a time, before they came to us, when they looked at all those reports and thought of them as a foreign language. We’ve become their “complexity filter.”
A few other things we implement in understandable language are:
- Guidance for meeting long and short-term goals
- Information concerning strategic thought and vision
- Processes which make profit a verifiable reality
At its core, our services provide clients with confident, well-informed, professional advice.
Construction Accounting zoom in on client needs
Each client comes with his or her own set of needs. Things like:
- Please clean up our old issues.
- Can you just get us back on track?
- We need help achieving high levels of profitability.
- I need to know my books are taken care of and I can rest easy at the end of the year.
- We’re trying to get bonded and we need to get this mess straightened out.
- I hate dealing with contract management, can you take care of it?
- My business coach said I need to build systems; can you help with that?
- We took in a lot of money last year but can’t see where it went. Can you help?
Regardless of the complication, our goal is to meet individual needs, always striving to make it easier for each client to run with the big dogs.
Construction Accounting zoom in on systems
One of the things we strive to make clear is we are NOT simply financial historians. While it is necessary that we give timely and accurate financial information, we also aid our clients in other areas. One of those areas is help in building systems.
We help clients:
- Improve processes and procedures
- Increase organizational structure
- Better understand next steps
We help commercial subcontractors figure out which systems are working, and which are not. More importantly, we don’t try to “fix” their unbroken systems.
Zooming in through Zoom
Part of our job is helping our clients devise a tech-stack which helps them have better systems for dealing with their business and financial needs. So yeah, we do spend time with our heads in the cloud. Yet, we’re also down-to-earth when it comes to dealing with our clients.
And the corner where cloud and earth meets is when we have regular Zoom meetings with individual clients. It is during those times we meet with them “face-to-face” whether they’re in New Jersey or New Mexico, North Dakota or South Carolina, in a Phoenix suburb or Phoenix proper.
The types of things we discuss with them are:
- Month end reports and what they mean
- Unusual items we noticed in their reports
- Our questions concerning their data
- Their questions
- Ways to improve (both from their end and ours)
While we believe our experience and well-thought-out tech solutions are important to how we help our clients, we believe nothing would be possible if we didn’t have good systems for communication in place. And one of those systems is a video conferencing SaaS called Zoom.
There you have it. We’ve zoomed in on a few things you can count on us to do to help you grow your commercial subcontracting business. And, we’ve told you how it is possible to meet with our clients no matter where they are located. Now you have a better idea of “how we do it.”
Want to learn more? Our office hours are 9 to 5 Arizona time where our main office is located. And our Toll-Free number is 866-629-7735. Give us a call!